In this article:
We all run into hiccups from time to time, and this guide will provide the most common solutions and first steps to take for various issues that may come up. When a problem occurs on a PC it can either be related to software or hardware; the symptoms presented will give important clues to the overall cause.
Check your Internet Connection
If you’re seeing problems connecting to matches, disconnections, or “unable to login” errors, review your internet connection. For more help with these types of issues check out our guide here.
Restarting your PC
Restarting does more than just cut the power to your electronics. This allows programs to finish uninstalling, and will allow for programs or processes that are unresponsive to fully close. It purges unnecessary temporary data from your RAM (memory) which can speed up overall performance. Restarting is a good first step when you are having problems with launching or running the game.
Updating your PC’s software and hardware drivers improves overall performance and security, as well as ensuring that bug fixes are applied appropriately. Windows will install most drivers through operating system updates, but some hardware components will require you to update their drivers directly from the manufacturer, refer to their website for further information.
- Windows 10: Click the Start button then go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates OR click here and choose “Check for updates now”.
- Windows 11: Click the Start button then go to Settings > Windows Updates > Check for Updates OR click here and choose “Check for updates now”.
Update Graphic Card Drivers
Keeping your graphic card drivers up to date can prevent errors and resolve performance issues.
Install the Game Ready driver for The Texas Chain Saw Massacre from NVIDIA by updating in the GeForce Experience program or visit NVIDIA Driver Support website.
You can quickly update your AMD drivers through their Adrenaline software if installed or visit AMD Driver Support website.
Verify Integrity of Game Files
A game file may be missing or installed incorrectly, and when this happens it can cause unexpected crashes or other odd behavior. Verifying or repairing files can take care of things without requiring a full reinstall.
Right click on the game title in your Steam Library and choose Properties > Installed files > Verify integrity of game files
You may see an error that one file failed to validate, this is normal is usually related to system specific configuration files. You can learn more about the verification process from Steam here.
Microsoft Xbox App
Choose the game in the left hand side of the Xbox app on your PC then press the three dots [...] to the right of Play. Click Manage > Files > Verify and Repair.
Reinstall the Game (Steam)
If the game fails to load or crashes, reinstalling can correct it, you can safely uninstall The Texas Chain Saw Massacre without losing your saved games.
- Uninstall the game by right clicking on “The Texas Chain Saw Massacre” in your Steam library. Choose “Manage”, and then click “Uninstall Game.”
- Once uninstalled, reinstall the game through the Steam library.
Check for conflicts with specialized software or hardware settings:
Anti-virus, fan control software, or overclock settings can sometimes cause unexpected errors, crashes, or prevent games from starting up. The following are steps that can be used to help find these conflicts.
- Review your anti-virus quarantine settings and grant an exception in your antivirus software.
- Close any unused software prior to launching the game such as Peer-2-peer clients, file sharing softwares, or download managers.
- If using Steam: Check over Steam’s guide on software that have known conflicts with Steam.
- Try running the game on a new Administrator account on your PC.
If you notice an issue with a specific software or PC setting please let our team know by submitting a ticket!