In this article:
If you’re seeing an error on PlayStation while partying up with friends or friends are unable to accept your lobby invite these steps will get the squad back together!
About Parties and Lobby Invites
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre as an in game party system that allows you to create a party for matchmaking or to start a private match. For cross play PS4 players will only be able to squad up with other PS4 Players. PS5 players can Squad up with Xbox Series X and PC players. Learn more about how to create a party and cross play here.
To start a private lobby you will need to invite 3 other players for a full party of 4, next select Play > Create Lobby to get a lobby invite code for additional players. To use a lobby code, select Play > Join Lobby!
Check your NAT Type
You may sometimes experience errors when joining friends' parties or have issues when searching for a lobby. This can be due to having a strict Network Address Translation, or in other words NAT Type 3. The NAT controls which users can connect to each other. When you have a strict NAT you will only be able to connect to other players with the same NAT type. The steps below will help open your NAT to allow better connectivity with your friends.
How do I change my NAT Type?
- Check your NAT Type, go to Settings > Network > Test Internet Connection.
- Port forward your router to ports used by PlayStation Network
- You may need to contact the Manufacturer of your Router or contact your ISP to get the exact steps for your hardware to port forward.
- Ports to Forward: TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480 UDP: 3478, 3479
- Restart your PlayStation to ensure the changes take effect.
To learn more about PlayStation NAT types, and the specific ports to forward visit PlayStation Test Internet Connectivity website